I can help with research administration and project management to free up your time – so you can stay in your zone of genius and add more value for your clients.
I worked in market research for twelve years prior to starting TS Research Assistant in 2017, including nine years as a Research Manager at a major High Street bank. My career has spanned everything from recruiting respondents and coding questionnaires to influencing business decisions through insight – and I have worked both Clientside and agency side. This means I understand the research world.
- My research experience means I can handle specialist research tasks
- I speak the research language so briefings are easy, and I understand the ever-changing research world and the challenges you are up against
- I can be integrated seamlessly into your organisation, with a consistent email address and branding – meaning no confusion for clients or participants
- I am happy to dial in to calls and follow up with notes and action points
- I can work with any electronic system that allows remote access
- I have a good knowledge of SurveyMonkey, Liveminds, Web Creator Suite and Recollective – and I’m always happy to learn new systems
UK PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- I can handle large and complex projects with multiple team members and locations, keeping everything running smoothly
- Planning, logistics, venue booking, shared drive management, creating forms, processes and filing systems
- Team and client communications, liaising with recruiters or fieldwork agencies
- Providing solutions when a project hits challenges
INTERNATIONAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- I am a former Clientside researcher and experienced in commissioning research
- Commissioning partner agencies – sourcing agencies, initial enquiries, agency shortlisting, sending RFQs and agency selection
- Ongoing communication with partner agencies
- Whether you are recruiting in-house from lists or using recruiters, I can help
- Liaising with recruiters or fieldwork agencies
- Recruiting from lists via email (no telephone recruitment)
- Setting up screeners e.g. Google Forms, SurveyMonkey
- Responding to email queries from participants and chasing non-responders
ONLINE – UK & INTERNATIONAL
- I make running an online forum much easier – an extra pair of hands when you need it most!
- Setting up online forums (e.g. Web Creator Suite, Further, Liveminds, Recollective)
- Whilst you are busy moderating I can monitor progress, chase up non-responders and replace them with fresh participants when needed
- Processing participant payments (e.g. using TransferWise)
RESEARCH MATERIALS & ADMIN SUPPORT
- I can help with those time-consuming jobs which, in the agency world, you would give to a Research Assistant
- Updating / checking research materials – screeners, showcards, brand cards, discussion guides
- Researching and booking venues
- Charting and adding charts to PowerPoint – you just add the commentary
- Checking, proofreading and editing presentations
- I’m an experienced transcriber with a good ear, willingness to persevere, and a fantastic eye for detail
- Transcription, notes, summaries and notes & quotes
- Setting up online screeners and questionnaires
- Questionnaire checking and testing
- Data inputting
- Coding of open-ended responses
- Presentation template set-up
- Checking, proofreading and editing presentations
- WordPress website content management (publishing blog posts, updating images & text)
- Creating and scheduling MailChimp newsletters
Here’s what my clients have to say:
Dr Sarah Jenkins, Director, Magenta Research
“We parachuted Tanya in to support us with the running of a multi-stage, multi-method, multi-location, international project. It was a big ask, but at very short notice, Tanya managed to get grips with the detail and put processes in place which demonstrated she had understood the client requirements and provided us with reassurance, confidence and an element of calm to the project management.
Her flexibility, attention to detail and willingness to get stuck in meant that she became a highly valued part of the team right from the start, and remained so throughout delivery of this key project. Her planning and proactive consideration was a big support to the moderators conducting fieldwork, and to the success of our project. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend working with Tanya.”
Konrad Collao, Founding Partner, Craft Strategy
“Craft commissioned Tanya to coordinate a large, complex project. A longitudinal, mixed-method piece, executed in eight areas over the course of three months, it was a tough ask. That would have been true for a full-time employee, let alone one parachuted in to look after an ad hoc project. Tanya’s ability to hit the ground running struck us from the outset.
Tanya excelled in bringing the project together successfully, coordinating with both clients and a large research team. She was the lynchpin, impeccably deploying a wide range of skills, from people management to logistical planning, with much more in between. She displays a fantastic eye for detail while keeping in mind the bigger picture. But what really sets Tanya apart is her understanding of the research process, invaluable knowledge in such a high pressure environment.
Quite apart from her practical skills, the calm authority – mixing a wonderfully pleasant nature with a great tenacity to get the job done – makes Tanya a pleasure to work with. We wouldn’t hesitate in recommending her.”
Jill Elston, Director, Insightful Marketing & Research
“Tanya has acted as my virtual research assistant since September 2017. She is highly efficient, incredibly organised and an absolute joy to work with.
Because Tanya knows and understands the market research industry, she instinctively understands the details of what I’m trying to achieve, which means that I don’t need to waste valuable time training someone else on research terminology or how the process works.
As an independent researcher, just knowing that there is someone else available to act as part of my team when things get hectic is really valuable. I am able to delegate tasks to Tanya with absolute confidence knowing they are in safe hands, and freeing my time to concentrate on the things I really need to.”
James Diggle, Founder, Dig Fieldcraft
“I have been working with Tanya since September 2018, and I can’t speak highly enough of her. She has a strong skill set that is more than adequate for handling the admin needs of my company, and she learns new tasks and processes quickly. Tanya is hard working, reliable and consistent in her cheerful proactive approach to her work. Nothing is too much trouble and she regularly goes the extra mile to make sure we meet the needs of our clients.”
Muriel Esposito, Director, Esposito Research & Strategy
“Tanya has been a great addition to our team. Having her take on a number of research and coordination tasks has freed time for others in the team to focus on their area of expertise, leading to smoother projects overall.
Tanya is very conscientious and cares deeply about working to a high standard, which has proved to be a great fit with our ethos. She is careful to strike the right tone in her communications and uses her considerable emotional intelligence to adjust her approach to fit a diverse base of clients and suppliers.
Finally, she is truly nice to work with!”